5 ESSENTIAL FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT LEUKEMIA
1) Leukemia is a cancer of the blood and marrow, which is the spongy center inside of the bones where blood cells are made.
2)The four major types of leukemia are:
- acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
- chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)
- acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)
- chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)
3) Leukemia is the most common cancer in children and teens younger than 20, accounting for almost one out of three cancers.
4) Acute leukemias are the rapidly progressing diseases, and chronic leukemias usually progress more slowly.
5) Leukemia can happen at any age, but is most common in people over 60.