Data Protection Policy/Statement
Kevin Kararwa leukaemia trust is fully committed to protecting the rights and privacy of individuals, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Information about our staff, members and other individuals will only be processed in line with established regulations. Personal data will be collected, recorded, and used fairly, stored safely and securely and not disclosed to any third party unlawfully. As the lawful and correct treatment of personal information is critical to our successful operations and to maintaining confidence, Kevin Kararwa leukaemia trust is committed to:
- protecting volunteer and trustee members’ personal details, records, and assessment outcomes
- keeping volunteers, trustee members’, and other individuals’ personal data up to date and confidential
- maintaining personal data only for the time period required
- releasing personal data only to authorised individuals/parties and not unless permission is given to do so
- collecting accurate and relevant data only for specified lawful purposes
- adhering to regulations and related procedures to ensure that all employees who have access to any personal data held by or on behalf of Kevin Kararwa leukaemia trust are fully aware of and abide by their duties under the Data Protection Act 1998.
All staff and members are required to report any allegation in relation to the unlawful treatment of personal data via the Kevin Kararwa leukaemia trust complaint procedure. A complaint should be made if candidates feel that records of their personal data have been:
- obtained through unlawful disclosure or unauthorised access
- recorded inaccurately and/or in a misleading manner
- provided to a third party without permission.
Where required, Kevin Kararwa leukaemia trust will take appropriate action/corrective measures against unauthorised/unlawful processing, loss, destruction, or damage to personal data.
It is ultimately the responsibility of the Director to ensure that this policy is published and accessible to all volunteers, trustee members and any relevant third parties.
If you have any concerns about material which appears in our website, please contact:
Kevin Kararwa Leukaemia Trust (KKLT)
email: – firstname.lastname@example.org
phone: – 020 3654 3864
Last updated: October 2022