Definitions and interpretation
|collectively all information that you submit to Kevin Kararwa Leukaemia Trust via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
Kevin Kararwa Leukaemia Trust.
We, our or Us
|Kevin Kararwa Leukaemia Trust of 233 Canterbury Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 6QB
|UK and EU cookies law
|the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018
|User or you
|any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) Volunteer Kevin Kararwa Leukaemia Trust and acting in the course of their employment or (i) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Kevin Kararwa Leukaemia Trust and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
|Data protection law
|any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but act limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations, and secondary legislation;
|Website ‘the website that you are currently using, www:kkltrust.org , and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions,
|The UK General Data Protection Regulation
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- reference toa person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnership:
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Kevin Kararwa Leukaemia Trust is the “data controller’. This means that Kevin Kararwa Leukaemia Trust determines the purposes for which, and the way, your Data is processed.
Our website address is: http://www.kkltrust.org; powered by WordPress, an open-source content management system based on PHP and MySQL available under GNU (General Public License).
Who we are
KKLT is a non-profit organisation currently registered in the UK. We aim to create awareness about leukaemia, offer support for patients and families affected with leukaemia and any other blood cancer, hold awareness drive encouraging and recruiting black and ethnic minorities to register on the bone marrow registry.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- date of birth;
- contact information;
- demographical information such as your mailing address;
- health status.
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- Data given to us by you;
- Data collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
Kevin Kararwa Leukaemia Trust will collect your Data in several ways, for example
- when you contact us through the Website form (contact, volunteering, or donation form), by telephone, post, email or through any other means;
- when registering into bone marrow registry;
- when registering as volunteer.
Why we collect your data
On our websites we collect and use your personal information to
- process registration into bone marrow registry;
- respond to queries or requests submitted by you;
- process volunteering registration;
- for fundraising purposes;
- create leukaemia awareness
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you may have with us.
Your data will be transmitted to us in an encrypted form in order to exclude access by unauthorised third parties. In principle, we store your data on specially protected servers.
For newsletter to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about joining the bone marrow registry, and we are doing stem cell awareness drive. Under “soft opt-in consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of eMarketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- if you are not satisfied with our approach to newsletter, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times, demographic, mode used to access our website and the way you user has interacted with our website content;
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser.
The cookies stored by our site cannot be used to identify you personally.
For more information on cookies please visit the ICO cookies information page
Embedded content from other
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following partners (dkms, aclt, sunflower and stem cell registry alliance) for the following reasons:
- purpose of joining bone marrow registry;
- educating and creating leukaemia awareness ;
- patient support.
Keeping Data secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- We will hold personal data for the period we are required to retain this information by applicable UK tax law.
KKLT has agreed to retain the information collected in Google Analytics indefinitely to allow us to analyse trends in our website usage over time. This is not personally identifiable information.
Your rights over your data
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- Right to access -the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information, if we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will give the reasons as to why
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests
This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was last updated in October 2022.
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice on this page.
How to contact us
if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information, we hold about you.
You can contact us by email on: email@example.com